Wednesday, January 7, 2015

The First Wave Hip Hop and Urban Arts Learning Community is a cutting-edge multicultural artistic program for incoming students which offers a four-year full tuition scholarship to the University of Wisconsin-Madison. Bringing together young artists and leaders from across the U.S and beyond, the First Wave Learning Community offers students the opportunity to live, study and create together in a close-knit, dynamic campus community. Administered by the Office of Multicultural Arts Initiatives (OMAI), the First Wave Learning Community is the first university program in the country centered on urban arts, spoken word and hip-hop culture.
AND I GOT INTO THE FIRST WAVE PROGRAM!!!!!
I still remember being called at 11:01 A.M. today and staring at my phone, my heart dropped, I really think I stopped breathing for a good minute. All the stress, late nights crying, doubts in myself were lifted (for a bit at least lol.) I can't believe this, it's still surreal. I will forever be thankful for Atlanta Word Works, Natalie Cook, my brother Adan Velazquez, and GOD. Because I would not be here without them. 
01/07/2015 God is a blessing. Truly. 

No comments:

Post a Comment